HOUSE OF MIRRORS III: Swede Hollow
- Copyright: ©2011 Ann Millikan. All Rights Reserved.
- Duration: Improvisation – average 30:00
Instrumentation: storytelling, live electronics
- House of Mirrors III: Swede Hollow was created in collaboration with former Swede Hollow residents Joe Sanchelli & Thelma Stone as part of the 2011 HOUSE OF MIRRORS Installation and Concert Series at the old Hamms Brewery in Swede Hollow, Saint Paul, MN.
- House of Mirrors focuses on the internal experience of the performer. Thought, kinesthetic awareness, and the inner ear all play an integral part in the development and performance of the piece. The object is to create a realm where the performer is surrounded by sound and stimulus both internally and externally. Various materials are given to stimulate improvisation: the score, resonant surfaces which are excited by using modified speakers, and “sound boxes” that are manipulated with the feet. House of Mirrors opens up an exciting new form of theater, where the improviser can enter into another world and take on a character. Each House of Mirrors composition uses the same principles and equipment but has its own specific score and vocabulary for improvisation.
- For more information: contact Ann Millikan
- HOUSE OF MIRRORS is an ongoing project