In honor of my brother Bob Millikan (1957-2012)
- Copyright: ©2015 Ann Millikan. All Rights Reserved.
- Duration: 47:00
- I. Science (12:50)
- II. Animals (13:15)
- III. Rowing (6:10)
- IV. Violin (14:45)
Instrumentation: piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 Bb clarinets, bass clarinet, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 Bb trumpets, 2 trombones, bass trombone, tuba, timpani, 2 percussion, strings. Violin soloist, Mov't IV only.
- Millikan Symphony is a 47-minute work for full orchestra written in four movements, each honoring an area of Bob's work and accomplishment: Science, Animals, Rowing, Violin. My intention with this composition was not to simply write a piece for the orchestra to play, but to compose a work in collaboration with the UNC/regional community. Dr. Robert Millikan was the Barbara S. Hulka Distinguished Professor of Cancer Epidemiology at UNC-Chapel Hill. For more information about this work, and the collaboration in North Carolina, please visit www.millikansymphony.com.
- SDPC 450 01 Score, Rental
- SDPC 450 02 Parts, Rental
- Available on Innova 981, Boston Modern Orchestra Project, Millikan Symphony